Monday, December 21, 2009

Really Good HOT Spinach & Artichoke Dip

An old friend taught me how to make this dip years ago. I've since modified it slightly, but that's what everyone should do with recipes to find what they like best. I don't know exact amount because it depends on how thick or creamy you want it... Here are aproximates.



  • Block of Cream Cheese.
  • 1/2c. Mayo
  • 1/2c. sour cream
  • Block of Havarti Dill Cheese
  • Can of Artichoke hearts (I only use half)
  • block of frozen spinach
  • Dash of Cayenne

    1. Thaw and Drain Spinach. (Be sure spinach is patted as dry as possible)
    2. Open and drain artichokes (I only use half a can)
    3. Mix cream cheese, mayo, sour cream in bowl,
    4. Grate in Havarti Dill Cheese.
    5. Spice to taste with Cayenne.
    6. Slowly mix in Spinach and Artcihokes (You may also use crab meat if you wish)
    7. Spoon into baking dish.
    8. Top with Grated Havarti Dill Cheese.
    9. Warm in oven until slightly bubbly.
    10. Serve with torilla chips or sour dough bread.

    It's been a hit every part I've made it for. I used to make it all the time. feel free to adjust to your liking (for example I only use a half can of artichoke hearts and lot's of cayenne pepper)
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment